art doll artist residing in richmond, virginia

Search for content

In the hopes of being able to make my dolls available to more people, I have decided to try my hand at making a mold and casting in resin. A little while ago, I finished sculpting the prototype, who I have named Polina.

Today, I was able to make her mold. The photos above are of the first stage/layer and the fourth (and final) stage/layer. I apologize for the poor photo quality. I did not make the mold at my house and I forgot to bring my camera, so my mobile phone had to do the job. The whole process of making the mold ended up being between five and six hours, so I am dearly hoping that it turns out to be usable. 

The last (my apologies on the phone quality photo, again) is of Polina prior to being covered in rubber goo, along with a very crude and poorly done sketch of where I think I’ll end up going with the first series design.